If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use this site, register for this site or make a purchase.
- the site or “Website”: www.joanjakel.com and all products and services available on it
- us: the team at Joan Jakel
- your content: anything you post or upload on this site
- our content: everything we post on this site owned by us (including text, sound, graphics, or other materials)
We offer products for sale on this site using a third-party shopping cart plug-in: PayPal. To avoid learning your credit card information, we’ve partnered with PayPal and Stripe to securely process payment. As such, we never learn or store your credit card information. Both providers share your name, address, and email with us.
From time to time, we’ll include affiliate links. And if you click them and make a purchase, we’ll get a commission in exchange. These funds help support all the content that we create.
These links are to products or services that we’ve purchased or think you might like. And we aren’t going to hide which links are which. If it’s an affiliate link, you’ll be told.
If it’s not called out as an affiliate link, it’s not. And it is there to help you learn more or dig deeper and is not in exchange for payment.
You own your content; we own our content.
You own the copyright in your content. However, by posting or uploading your content to the site you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license. We need this license so that we can perform the services you registered for. This license allows us to store and show your content to other users.
This site contains intellectual property owned by Joan Jakel, including trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property. However, we want you to share our content. If you would like to do so, please use no more than a single paragraph and one image and provide a link back to the original page on the site. For other uses, please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any content on this site infringes on your intellectual property, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This site allows users to comment on articles and member content. Submissions deemed spam by Akismet will be automatically filtered out and never posted.
This site is designed to be a supportive community. As such, you agree that you will not:
- Use hateful, abusive, offensive, or obscene language towards others
- Threaten others with violence
- Use (or attempt to use) another person’s account
- Post material that infringes on another person’s intellectual property rights
If you do any of these things, we will remove your content.
We’ve made our best efforts to prepare our content in compliance with applicable laws, but laws change and the Internet is constantly changing. Because of that, we cannot make any representations or warranties about the accuracy of our content. At some point, the laws, links, or information contained in here will change.
NO PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
The information, content, products and services contained in or made available through the Website cannot replace or be a substitute for the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, financial, medical, psychological, therapeutic, or legal. In particular, this Site is not providing any legal services or legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship by virtue of you reading the site or purchasing any products or services. Joan Jakel shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages, including but not limited to economic loss, injury or illness allegedly caused by the information in the Website, the services, products, or courses.
We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it.
This policy describes the kinds of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies when we are in control of how data is collected, stored, and processed. (When we are the data controller.) Including the information we collect:
- on our site, including any subdomains
- in e-mail or other electronic messages between you and our Website
- via our email marketing service provider, MailChimp
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means
- any third party content that may be linked to or be accessible from our Website
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Our Website incorporates privacy controls affecting how we process your personal data. You can opt out of our email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information or request to delete your personal information.
If you wish to opt out of our email newsletter, you can you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send.
You may make any of these requests by emailing email@example.com
What information we collect and how we use it
We collect several types of information about you, including information that:
- identifies you personally, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or opens or clicks within email newsletters
- is about you but cannot be used to identify you, such as purchases made via Affiliate links
- is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and how you use our Website
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
- how you interact with our Website, including what pages you visited and if you open or click on our email newsletters
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system, and browser type
We collect this information via Google Analytics and Mailchimp using cookies and web beacons. And this information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size
- understand how you use our Website
- understand what content interests you most
- speed up your searches
- recognize you when you return to our Website
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
The Usage Information we collect is used to monitor and improve our website and services.
Publication of Comments
When you comment on content on our Website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, and a comment. We will process this information in order to post the comment as you’ve requested.
Site Contact Forms
When you fill out a contact form, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, and a comment. We will process this information according to the instructions you provide.
When you make a purchase through our website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, credit card and/or PayPal account information.
We collect this information via PayPal and Stripe. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction.
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up for our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address.
Additionally, when you interact with our emails, MailChimp will track which emails you open, and any links you click. From time to time, these clicks will be tracked to identify what kind of information you find most useful. We do this so that we can only send you the most relevant information to your inbox.
We will process this information per your request to provide you with relevant information and newsletters.
We may process any personal information we have on you when required by a court order, legal obligation, court proceeding.
We do not sell, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, we may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
- contractors, service providers and other third parties that we reasonably use and trust to support our business
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with PayPal and Stripe only to the degree necessary
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase or transaction.
Retaining and Deleting Your Information
We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose you gave it to us.
We will use the following criteria to decide how long to keep your personal data:
- We will use the availability of blog post comments, the nature of the comment, and the post availability to decide how long to keep publication information.
- We will use the content of your message and the response required to decide how long to keep correspondence information.
- We will keep email newsletter or opt-in information for either the length of your subscription or the length of our contract with our email newsletter service provider.
Data Security and International Transfers
Our offices are based in the United States, along with our hosting facilities and service providers.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure both during transfer and storage.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any username you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation permits users of our Website that are European Union residents certain rights. Your rights include:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how it is used, or erase it please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your data, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com
Miscellaneous Fine Print
In no event will our liability related to the Website, (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed $100.
There is no promise or representation that you will make a certain amount of money, or any money, or not lose money, as a result of using our products and services. As with any business, your results will vary and will be based on your personal abilities, experience, knowledge, capabilities, level of desire, and an infinite number of variables beyond our control, including variables we (or you) have not anticipated. There are no guarantees concerning the level of success you may experience. Each person’s results will vary. There are unknown risks in any business, particularly with the Internet where advances and changes can happen quickly. The use of our information, products, and services should be based on your own due diligence and you agree that we are not liable for your success or failure.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these terms or your use of the site.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these terms or this site shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of Maricopa County, Arizona.
Updates + Date Last Updated
The last update was: July 8, 2019.
This website is owned and operated by Joan L. Jakel
Our mailing address is 233 E. Southern Ave., #26757, Tempe, AZ 85285